Bandakademiet and Danish Songwriting Academy (DSA) stand behind this seminar and debate about responsibility for talent development of rising artists, songwriters, and producers. Who has the responsibility of bringing the talents into the professional music industry? What does it take? And how do we take responsibility for the person behind the talent
What the audience can expect from the seminar:
- A clearer picture of what talent development is - on the way from amatour to proffesional - and what it takes
- An idea of how different players in the music industry work with talent development
- An optimism regarding the future when we within the music industry are getting better at developing talents in collaborations and better at taking care of the talented
Aim: A sustainable and diverse music industry within all sectors, commercially as well as humanly
Who has the responsibility for the talents - Part 1 (about 45 min.)
A debate is qualified when the listeners know the context and the premise of the debate. Therefore, Bandakademiet's and Danish Songwriting Academy's event start with a presentation of talent development from different perspectives and angles representing various parts of the music industry.
- Niels Mosumgaard (moderator) indtroduces: What do we wish to get out of the seminar and how will it be facilitated - agenda and the participants
- Talent Development That Works. Independent talent development by Bandakademiet. Participants: Marianne Fruergaard, Johannes Dybkjær Andersson and the band Patina
- Wiebke Averbeck, Marketings Director United Stage & board member of DSA: About DSA's independent talent development of songwriters and producers close to and dependent of the music industry + her own experience from Universal & United Stage
- Jakob Sørensen, CEO The Bank: Independent company's approach to talent development of artists on their way into the industry
- Erkan Cakmak, A&R Sony Music Denmark: Talent development at a major lable with focus on talents within hiphop and rap
- Lene Dissing, Songwriter and Publisher Startone Music: How do independent publishers talent develope songwriters
- Birk Storm, Manager, Producer and CEO Junobird: About talent development as a part of management business. Cases: Prisma and Nicklas Sahl.
Pause (15 min.)
Who has the responsibility for the talents - Part 2 (about 40 min)
The second part will be a classic debate about how we can become better at talent developing, if it is possible to collaborate on talent development of talents on their way into the industry, and how we can take care of the talented in the process.
The seminar will be in Danish.
Presented by Bandakademiet and Danish Songwriting Academy in cooperation with Promus & SPOT+.